Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amarok constantly updating collection...

Beans

Amarok constantly updating collection...

Half the time I use Amarok, it's updating the collection. It makes it slow and laggy. On my old computer it never did this (I'm using the same home folder I did on my old computer, is that bad? Also I'm using AMD 64 and the old one was i686). Disabling the "Watch Folders for Changes" fixes it, but I want it to automatically update when there's new music, not every ten seconds (it worked flawlessly on my old install, same distro even). Maybe something keeps tinkering around with my music folder? :O
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

Re: Amarok constantly updating collection...

hey, i have the same problem here. it only started happening a few days ago, but i haven't really changed anything to the system so i don't know what could be causing it.

i also noticed that it won't go to the Panel. when i exit out now, it actually exits out.

Beans

did either of you find a fix for this? It just started happening to me the other day also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Using xfce, but this is happening to me too. Seems to start rescanning right after finishing at times...could be just me though. 100% CPU usage whilst it's doing it.

Beans

Using Gnome and the same thing is happening to me. Not sure why though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Me also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

yep, same thing here. I'm pretty new to Linux and have no idea what to do to fix it other than uninstall and reinstall. I haven't tried it yet because I was hoping someone on here might know how to fix it.

Just incase it might lead someone more knowledgeable than me to an answer, here's some info that might be of help:

It started right after I added Kubuntu/KDE desktop to a Live CD install of Ubuntu 8.10. They are both on the same partition of a machine that has Vista on the other partition. The status bar says updaying collection. It starts at 1% and takes just under a second going from 1 to about7 percent, then jumps to 100% almost instantly. Then it sits at 100% for about 20 seconds, but still says updating colleciton the whole time. Scan folders recursively and watch for folder changes are both checked, but they have been checked the whole time and it just started doing this today. I have plugged in/unplugged a portable HD a few times today, but it didn't have any music files on it. It's currently unplugged and still updating collection.

Maybe this is a bunch of useless info but it can't hurt. If you're having the same issue and have also recently added KDE or used a portable HD, it may be worth noting.
    Q6600 Quad Core @2.4GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4GB DDR1066 DDR2

Beans

same problem here ...

Beans

me too - slowing my whole system down - very frustrating

could be a red herring but...

...installed amarok-kde to see what it was like. support for various artists (which is very important for me and is frankly the only reason why i stick with amarok) is very buggy so i reverted back to 1.4.

just a thought.

if anyone could help i'd much appreciate it.

dg

Beans

I did exactly the same thing by trying out Amarok 2. I've kept it for the time being, but I really miss not being able to search through my playlist. I have read this is coming in time...

At least no constant playlist updates though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast