Thread: Xubuntu will not detect slave drive?!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Xubuntu will not detect slave drive?!

I have an slave 130gb slave drive with music...all connections are correct, but xubuntu not picking it up...the file system on it is NTFS...should i need a package for it? using the hardy version.. it happens both on live cd and installed version.
    Noob:(Internet slang, pejorative) A newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience.

Nub:A small lump or protuberance

Beans

Re: Xubuntu will not detect slave drive?!

Take a look at this article. It shows how to mount Windows partitions in Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

Ok so I got it to where I can have it read my hard drives...i didnt know what to name them for that mount point thing so i just did "Hd1 and Hd2" and they show up as 2 folders in the /media folder....now how do i get them to show up on my places menu??
    Noob:(Internet slang, pejorative) A newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience.

Beans
    Distro

bump

Beans
    Distro

bump...