Thread: [SOLVED] Flashplayer works, then doesn't

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[SOLVED] Flashplayer works, then doesn't

Ok, so I have a weird problem here.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with FireFox 3.

After having a hard time getting Adobe Flashplayer 10 install, I finally got it to work. I went to YouTube and my local news site and verified that flash was working, so far so good, then I closed FireFox and reopened it...flash wont work, I only get a white box where it should play.

Long story short, each time I want to watch a flash video, I have to delete "libflashplayer.so" from /home/mozilla/plugins, and all of the Adobe files and folders, then download and install everything again...this makes flash work the first time I open FireFox, if I close it, I have to do all that over. Strange but true.

The only thing I can find that changed is when I check "about : plugins" directly after installing, flashplayer 10 is listed at the top of the screen. When I go there after restarting FireFox it is listed last on the screen.

I am new at this, so please keep the answers simple or include the terminal commands so I can copy and paste.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Flashplayer works, then doesn't

I will also add that I tried uninstalling FireFox 3 and installing a fresh copy, still had the same results.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Flashplayer works, then doesn't

Just started over and installed a fresh copy of Hardy...Seems to be working fine now, I must have messed something up when updating/installing new software...Other new users, be careful of what you do with the terminal!