Thread: How fast can you ship a system?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation How fast can you ship a system?

All my life, I've been a die-hard Thinkpad fan, but when I went to order my brother an R61 as a combination birthday/graduation gift, I've run into a sort of customer service nightmare. I ordered it on June 6, estimated ship date was June 20 (fine, his birthday is July 4) and based on my recent order of a T61p (which I had in my hands a week after ordering it) I expected it much sooner.

Last week, Lenovo's sales reps told me it would ship by the 20th.

I called them every day this week, and they swore it would be shipped out by today (the 27th). However, it didn't ship.

At this point, I'm considering canceling my order and ordering from a different retailer (which is a shame with my employee discount on Thinkpads) and you're one of my top contenders for 2nd choice. I've never bought from you, but I love Ubuntu and I know the barebone kits you build on are top notch.

So, my question to you is, how soon can you ship? (I'm looking at the Pangolin or Serval Laptops) and do you have any kind of express delivery available?

*Sorry for the rambling, but I'm really P.O.ed at Lenovo, and needed to vent somewhere.

EDIT: I just got a confirmation email from Lenovo that my order shipped... didn't expect that on a Saturday, but thanks anyways.
    Last edited by zachtib; June 28th, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Thinkpad T61p: 15.4" WUXGA Screen, Core 2 Duo T9300, 4GB DDR2, 512MB Quadro 570M, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, DVD+RW, Intel 4965AGN+Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery
    http://blog.zachtib.com