Thread: Screen wont turn back on

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Screen wont turn back on

I'm running 8.04 on an older Compaq laptop. I decided to run a clean install since I had just been upgrading for the last 3 releases.
    Anyhow, If I let the screen go blank/shut off when I try to turn it back on all I get is a blank screen. The back lights come up, but I get no actual Display.

Any Ideas or other Information that I can give?

Oh, It's an Nvidia card and it did this both before and after I installed the proprietary driver.

Makes me miss my old Centrino lappy. No graphics acceleration but the hell if it didn't always work..

Beans

Re: Screen wont turn back on

I have the same problem on thinkpad r60e, so I guess it's not an nvidia problem. It began after I updated to Hardy, as I wrote here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t+turn+back+on

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have the same problem with an HP DV6000 laptop. This started when I upgraded to Hardy. I then did a fresh install and I am still having this problem. Seems like hardy broke something just haven't figured out what just yet.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." - Ben Franklin
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Sounds like this needs to be reported as a BUG.