Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will the graphics issues in Firefox 3 on ubuntu get fixed?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: When will the graphics issues in Firefox 3 on ubuntu get fixed?

You can help promote the idea about solving this problem on Ubuntu Brainstorm http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/12125/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: When will the graphics issues in Firefox 3 on ubuntu get fixed?

Thanks to whoever went thru the trouble of posting it on brainstorm. But I think it'll be shot down soon as its not an idea...its a bug.
    Look here at what happened when I posted the same problem on brainstorm a while ago.

Cheers!
    Maverick Thinkpad T61, Intel GMA X3100, Intel WiFi 4965AG.

Beans

bump!
    Any news on this?

Beans
    Distro

From the lack of activity on this bug on launchpad, looks like this bug will remain in Intrepid too...The actual bug has been fixed upstream, apparently. Despite this, why it hasnt been merged into ubuntu is beyond my understanding.

This bug is seriously affecting my daily browsing as I view most web pages with page zoom as I have a high ppi display.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

If this bug is fixed upstream could somebody please write a tutorial on how to apply this fix yourself?

I've set the default zoom level at 125% because most websites are otherwise unreadable on my 1920x1200 17" display - I'd really appreciate a fix/workaround to get at least the same quality that you get when using Firefox on Windows.

thanks!
    chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

From what I have seen, it may not be that easy. The fix involves the pixman library used by xserver. Replacing the pixman library does not fix the issue. I think there are some other related files (including xserver) that might need some tweaking and recompilation for ubuntu.
    But still, if someone can write a detailed guide, I'd be interested. Whats the most disappointing is that this issue has somehow remained unresolved in Intrepid.

Beans

I agree, if the bug is still in the new Ubuntu, it will be very disappointing.
    It is things like this that need to work if Linux is to compete with Windows.

Beans

...and it is in the new (k)ubuntu unfortunately. It's a shame. Let's hope it get's fixed in the not so distant future...

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: When will the graphics issues in Firefox 3 on ubuntu get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Morientes View Post
    I agree, if the bug is still in the new Ubuntu, it will be very disappointing.
    It is things like this that need to work if Linux is to compete with Windows.
    It is really a shame, I am migrating from Windows to Ubuntu now and this bug is forcing me back, since I use FF with zoom in almost all pages because I have a wide-screen notebook, and most of the pages are very small on my display.

There are people that might think this is a minor problem, but it is not! It feels like you are shortsighted person without glasses, very annoying.

[]s!

Vinicius

Beans
    Distro

You can also post on the brainstorm page (link in a post above) and the launchpad bugreport. I was hoping that would help, but its taking long to get people to respond there too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast