Thread: HOWTO: Self-defined filename-patterns in Sound-Juicer

Beans

HOWTO: Self-defined filename-patterns in Sound-Juicer

Sound-Juicer is a nice simple and well intigrated tool for ripping audio-CD's ... but one thing I always hated with it was the fact that I could not use my own filename-patterns (i.e. <tracknumer> <trackname>). I just found out how to get a work-around here:

Start the configuration-editor* (Menu->Systemtools->Configuration Editor)
    browse to apps->soundjuicer
    change the string in file_pattern (in my case it should be %tN %tt - see key-documentation in the lower right of the configuration editor) ... snd you are done

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Self-defined filename-patterns in Sound-Juicer

Thanks, it works!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It works here too...
    Not always! Only if you don't open the Edit->Preferences window in the sound-juicer process. For some reason the values are overwritten.

There's no ``Year'' parameter support also
    I think it's critical for naming profiles

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by blackpuma View Post
    It works here too...
    Not always! Only if you don't open the Edit->Preferences window in the sound-juicer process. For some reason the values are overwritten.

There's no ``Year'' parameter support also
    I think it's critical for naming profiles
    Mine gets over written too. Sound Juicer is a nice little app but it would be nice if they added more default options for file name. I want to have my out put like this: Artist - Album - Track # - Tittle. How do I do that and not have it over written.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by wormser View Post
    Mine gets over written too. Sound Juicer is a nice little app but it would be nice if they added more default options for file name. I want to have my out put like this: Artist - Album - Track # - Tittle. How do I do that and not have it over written.

Thanks
    Wormser, I was listening to Roll The Bones (your forum avatar pic) when I found this post, and I want to use "Artist - Album - Track # - Tittle" (%aa - %at - %tn - %tt) for my naming convention as well.

"Menu->Systemtools->Configuration Editor" does not exist in the default Ubuntu 10.10 menu, but can be launched from a terminal with "gconf-editor". This seems to only get overwritten when you open the SJ prefs and select a new naming scheme from the drop-down list.