Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flash still kills firefox 3.0!!!

Beans

flash still kills firefox 3.0!!!

After going on Myspace and Youtube, Firefox still closes down unexpectedly when I go on flash based sites...

Is there a fix for this or not?

Beans

Re: flash still kills firefox 3.0!!!

how did you install flash?

Beans

I had lots of problems with flash on firefox too, it says that i need flash to view movies on you tube, but when i click the the install bar on the browser page it says it's already installed. So i installed seamonkey and the firefox theme for it and other than the silly ship's wheel it's firefox and it works and has all the useful plugins already installed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
    how did you install flash?
    Everything was installed prior to me using firefox 3 as per the help/to-do guides on this very forum.

Afaik, the flash problem with youtube has never been resolved.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MedellinManDem View Post
    Everything was installed prior to me using firefox 3 as per the help/to-do guides on this very forum.

Afaik, the flash problem with youtube has never been resolved.
    Can you be more specific? Can you tell me the exact way you did it? Maybe in the installation process you followed, it resulted in something being borked!

Beans

Can you be more specific? Can you tell me the exact way you did it? Maybe in the installation process you followed, it resulted in something being borked!
    I don't remember. Can you just tell me the best way to install it and I will purge my current setup.

Beans

I did the following and the problem dissapeared...goto synaptic,search for libflash and from the results remove anything is installed...hope it will help you..

Beans

Go to synaptic and search for "flashplugin-nonfree"(you must have the "multiverse" repos enabled). If it is installed unistall it. If it isn't install it. After you do one of these, launch again firefox and test it on youtube and then tell us the results. If the problem persists after that then I might have another option for you.

Beans

Go to synaptic and search for "flashplugin-nonfree"(you must have the "multiverse" repos enabled). If it is installed unistall it. If it isn't install it. After you do one of these, launch again firefox and test it on youtube and then tell us the results. If the problem persists after that then I might have another option for you.
    Uninstalling it *seems* to have done the trick, although I will update if any other occurs. Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    I did the following and the problem dissapeared...goto synaptic,search for libflash and from the results remove anything is installed...hope it will help you..
    I didn't do this, but thanks for your contribution anyway, it didn't go by ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast