Thread: After update no more X. Ati/fglrx.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

After update no more X. Ati/fglrx.

So I updated my 8.04 normally the other day via apt-get, then I went and did a reboot, I no longer could see anything. After trying everything I knew, which isn't extensive, I reluctantly reinstalled and now I can no longer install fglrx without problems let alone even change my resolutions without having to do the old dpkg-reconfigure.... command. What gives? I am going crazy. I have tried numerous tuts, numerous times with no luck, does the new kernel not like fglrx anymore? I even tried to use the open drivers,radeon, but they too didn't work. Any help is appreciated because I no longer have the time to mess around with random breakages like I once did...Family man and all that now and I need a working computer for my sanity!!
    Asus P5B-E - Pentium D925 - 3Gb Corsair 675 - Geforce 8600GT - WD 250GB SATA - Booting 8.04
    Toshiba Satellite M55 - Booting 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: After update no more X. Ati/fglrx.

I don't know if it's going to solve the problem, but if you haven't done so already, it could help to try envy. To install:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install envyng envyng-gtk
    and to run:
    Code:
    sudo envyng-gtk
    tell it to download the right driver and configure your machine automatically. I've seen envy do in three minutes what a roomful of people with 20+ years of collective Linux experience couldn't do in two hours, so it's worth a try.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Thanks for the response pytheas22 but I have already tried envy. I think I have a couple problems the biggest being the resolution change, the drivers could have totally worked but I can't see them because the resolutions are wrong. Well back to the drawing board when I get some free time.
    Asus P5B-E - Pentium D925 - 3Gb Corsair 675 - Geforce 8600GT - WD 250GB SATA - Booting 8.04
    Toshiba Satellite M55 - Booting 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

There is an ongoing thread around here about the Radeon 1650 card. It seems to have some peculiar problems all of its own. Try a search for that.