Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Im Kai :]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello, Im Kai :]

Hey,

Im Kai Jordan Day. I am a keen ubuntu user (although as I type this I have let myself down, im on vista) I just love it's simplicity and abilty to run on my 6 year old computer. Yes, 256mb ram and 40gb harddrive

I am 14 years old and Im into sports, like football (soccer for any americans) basketball, rugby and cricket. I play for a football team, at under 15s.

I am also into MMOCC Marketing, I find it a rather unique gaming industry. I am a pretty decent graphics artist myself, not great but yeh.

So hello :]

Beans

Re: Hello, Im Kai :]

Quote Originally Posted by KaiJordanDay View Post
    Hey,

Im Kai Jordan Day. I am a keen ubuntu user (although as I type this I have let myself down, im on vista) I just love it's simplicity and abilty to run on my 6 year old computer. Yes, 256mb ram and 40gb harddrive

I am 14 years old and Im into sports, like football (soccer for any americans) basketball, rugby and cricket. I play for a football team, at under 15s.

I am also into MMOCC Marketing, I find it a rather unique gaming industry. I am a pretty decent graphics artist myself, not great but yeh.

So hello :]
    Hey Kai..Nice to read ur mail. Ubuntu is really amazing...Simplicity , security and speed (3 "S") makes it much better then Windows (although i've installed it on my laptop but i'm not using it right now )...hey thats quite a list u mentioned..u play soccer, basketball, rugby, cricket and also in many things, well, i was wondering do u get time to make up!!

Subeh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I guess I manage my time well lol. =]

I do love Ubuntu and Vista, but both for completely different reasons.
    Kai Jordan Day

Beans

Welcome to Ubuntu Kai, I'm Josh ^_^

256Mb RAM and 40Gb Hard Drives aren't that uncommon surprisingly, some people I know still use them, and with some form of Linux installed. Are you really running Vista on that machine too?!

The other Desktop in my house has 256Mb RAM and that runs Debian Etch.

I'm 19 and am on a Gap Year Before University.

Just to fill you in
    -[Discipline] - Macbook Pro 5,3 - Intel Core2Duo 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia 9400M + 9600GT, 320Gb HDD, Mac OSX 10.7.1 Lion
    -Windows free since May 2007.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfunk View Post
    Welcome to Ubuntu Kai, I'm Josh ^_^

256Mb RAM and 40Gb Hard Drives aren't that uncommon surprisingly, some people I know still use them, and with some form of Linux installed. Are you really running Vista on that machine too?!

The other Desktop in my house has 256Mb RAM and that runs Debian Etch.

I'm 19 and am on a Gap Year Before University.

Just to fill you in
    Oh im running Vista on my laptop. I also have another desktop for xp

=] The reason I overworte my xp on my old pc was to test things, and since "testing" linux I find myself using it more than my new laptop. (which annoys my parents who forked out £400 for it)
    Kai Jordan Day

Beans

Lol. Just put Ubuntu on your new Laptop, then you can keep your parents happy by still using it!
    -[Discipline] - Macbook Pro 5,3 - Intel Core2Duo 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia 9400M + 9600GT, 320Gb HDD, Mac OSX 10.7.1 Lion
    -Windows free since May 2007.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfunk View Post
    Lol. Just put Ubuntu on your new Laptop, then you can keep your parents happy by still using it!
    I 100% fail at partitioning, and I do not want to lose vista nor my files. I am not bothered what they think, I still use vista a lot :]
    Kai Jordan Day

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Partioning is done automatically, you don't have to do it. Just insert the ubuntu cd in your drive while windows is running, and use wubi (an ubuntu installer from inside windows) to install it to the harddrive with a few mouseclicks. No partitioning involved, since the installer automatically creates a virtual hard drive in a file on your harddrive (you can select the size). When you turn on your laptop, you choose wether you want to start vista or ubuntu

5 mouseclicks and you have ubuntu on your laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sounds cool. I would but my laptop already has 3/4 of its space taken up and it's only 80gb. Might get an external hd.
    Kai Jordan Day

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

hi Kai!

welcome to the underworld

or maybe it's the light side ??

nah, it's a mix of both

you'll have loads of fun here, i know i have
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast