Thread: Anyone know a multi-use emulator or a package that installs a selection of emulators?

Beans

Question Anyone know a multi-use emulator or a package that installs a selection of emulators?

I'm looking for an emulator that emulates N64, Dreamcast, PS and other etc.

Something like mess or mame would be useful for me but something which is a bit more powerful which will run newer system roms

Or even a package that installs all of the useful emulators.

Thanks in advance!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Anyone know a multi-use emulator or a package that installs a selection of emulat

At the moment (according to apt-cache) there is no such package. It would be a little tricky for ps support because you have to get a BIOS rom and that is in 'gray area' of the law to distribute.

You could always install all packages separately or even make such GUI yourself using other emulators as backend, and you would only have to write the GUI ; ).
    <plexr> do you know std c++ ?
    <plexr> or is a weak understanding of VB your only strength
    <ahorse_> oohhhhh he just said the equivalent of *yo momma*
    www.acgla.net <--- My webpage : )

Beans

Re: Anyone know a multi-use emulator or a package that installs a selection of emulat

how would i go about making a GUI for this?

has it been done already?

Beans

does anyone else have any ideas?

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Try a google search with "linux play station emulator". Do the same for the rest you want.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I you open System-->Administration-->Synaptic Package Manager and search for mame you will several emulators. Make sure you have all the repostitories select in System-->Administration-->Software Sources.

Jim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you open System-->Administration-->Synaptic Package Manager and search for mame you will find several emulators. Make sure you have all the repostitories selected in System-->Administration-->Software Sources.

Jim