Thread: Brasero error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Brasero error

It creates an image of the tracks and then I get this:
    Session error : the selected location does not have enough free space to store the disc image (655 MiB needed) (brasero_burn_record burn.c:2270)
    It's definitely set for 80-min (700 MB) cd-rw. It asked to erase and I said yes.

It says /tmp is 1 GB. But maybe some of this is being used and there's not enough free space left?

I'm trying it again with a smaller image/fewer tracks (482 MB) and it appears to be writing the tracks. And it blanks after the transcoding stage, not before (confusing)
    Last edited by logos34; June 24th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Brasero error

mine gave same error when attempting to burn a dvd image to a blank dvd. i finally just got sick of it and used nautilus. disappointing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Brasero error

Quote Originally Posted by quonsar View Post
    disappointing.
    yeah, i've never been a big fan of brasero--not enough options. If only it worked most of the time, and faster! An audiocd burn (not even full--~482 MB) took, from start to finish, 28 mintes. A full audiocd burn in k3b took me only ~23 min--actually it's more like ~20 min if it weren't for the fact that some daemon is slowing the startup and blanking of cd-rw by a few min.