Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate

Beans

Re: Stargate

Quote Originally Posted by xodus1 View Post
    Stargate Is Ok
    But Doctor Who is Brilliant

and Farscape (well farscape)
    I have only seen a few of Doctor Who but I Loved Farscape.
    "The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe
    the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Beans
    Hidden!

No one likes Battlestar Galactica (the new one)? That's actually my favorite sci fi show.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by billgoldberg View Post
    The best thing about that episode is in the very end.

When it came out O'Neil had been seeing things about Joe for years also, and didn't find it necessary to mention it.

Thinking about it, I'm off to see another stargate ep before I hit the deck.
    That really put the icing on... no, it was the cherry on top... when Jack said that (seeing Joe's life experiences). RDA did, as usual, a perfect job delivering it. Friggin' hilarious. Great stuff.

Stargate Is Ok

I've seen some Farscape, it was certainly interesting... I don't think you can put a "good" or "bad" to it as well as just a "it's just Farscape". It's cool that the 2 newest members of SG1 were on Farscape. I'll always know them as "the farscape guy and girl", their brief run on SG1 was fun to watch, though their contribution wasn't exactly ground-breaking, though still fitting considering the circumstances of SG1's plot, Ori, etc.

Dr. Who... I am really only familiar with the Tom Baker era of Dr. Who... and I loved it. It's gotta be one of the best sci-fi shows of all time.

I can't compare Dr. Who and Stargate... both are very good and although they're both sci-fi and even share similar elements they're still different animals. I used to be a huge fan of Dr. Who and right now I'm a huge fan of SG.

Give me the TARDIS and I'll travel to the SG1 era.

Give me the wormhole hitting a solar flare or the Ancients' time-traveling puddle-jumper and I'll travel to Tom Baker's Dr. Who era.

(yeah, I love BSG... though it's not as good as SG1, lol)

Beans

Stargate Is Ok

I'm sorry but Doctor Who (in it's current incarnation) is just plain terrible.
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in an error, and another to put him in possession of the truth." (John Locke)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

STARGATE

Share your favorite SG moments.

For me, Window of Opportunity in SG1 is of course an excellent one. I also like when they screw with the timeline, travel time, screw with alternate universes and dimensions, etc.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Helios1276 View Post
    I'm sorry but Doctor Who (in it's current incarnation) is just plain terrible.
    I have to disagree.

I'm loving the new who.

Did you see "4x12 The Stolen Earth"?

It was golden.

Anyhow, the thread's about stargate.

There are just so many episodes.

One that I loved that comes to mind is "There but for the grace of God".

The one were Daniel Jackson travels to an alternate universe.

Or "Absolute Power" the one where the Harcesis child shows Daniel Jackson an "evil" version of himself, taking over the world.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LightB View Post
    No one likes Battlestar Galactica (the new one)? That's actually my favorite sci fi show.

I loved the last season. And the ending of the season, haha, what a cliffhanger.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm loving the new who.
    Anyhow, the thread's about stargate.
    One that I loved that comes to mind is "There but for the grace of God".
    The one were Daniel Jackson travels to an alternate universe.
    Or "Absolute Power" the one where the Harcesis child shows Daniel Jackson an "evil" version of himself, taking over the world.
    I've seen a few new who, you? j/k ...had to rhyme. Anyway, the few recent ones I've seen were pretty good. It was a while back but with the most recent dr.who actor.

The alt.universe/reality/etc. SG stories are great. Same with alternate time-lines. I believe the new dvd movie, Stargate Continuum, is about different time-lines.

I loved the last season. And the ending of the season, haha, what a cliffhanger.
    The last episode of BSG that I saw was something like s04e05 or something, maybe e06 or e07, I forget. I need to get back on track with that. I understand they're shooting for 20 episodes for this season (four)? Are they currently on season 4's episode 10 (or 12, considering Razor)? Or am I off track? Or were you referring to the cliffhanger in season 3?

Anyway, SG1... we're currently in the middle of another marathon... currently on season 5 episode 5, "Red Sky".

Gateworld's plot summary:
    "SG-1 discovers that their trip through the Stargate may have inadvertently doomed an entire civilization, and plead with the Asgard for assistance."

Excerpts from their additional plot details:
    "Carter tells Colonel O'Neill that they had to bypass some of the normal dialing protocols in order to get a lock on this planet -- K'Tau, a peaceful, agrarian world populated by a very spiritual people."

"SG-1 soon realizes the reason for their rough ride through the wormhole. The K'Tau sun shifts toward the infrared end of the light spectrum, threatening to destroy all life on the planet."

"O'Neill is granted an audience with members of the Asgard High Council, who continually rebuff his apologies and his pleas for help. The treaty with the Goa'uld prevents them from using their technology to artificially advance the people of K'Tau -- even if it means saving them from destruction. If the Protected Planets Treaty is violated, the Goa'uld would be free to attack any planet named in it -- including Earth."

"SG-1 is on their own. The only way that Carter can think of to stop the process is to introduce an element with an atomic weight above 200 into the sun, rendering the foreign matter inert."

"The element is sent, and SG-1 waits on K'Tau for the results. When it appears that the plan did not work, Daniel offers a final prayer for the people as SG-1 prepares to leave. But the sun shifts back to its normal state, almost miraculously. The team speculates that the Asgard may have helped out after all, having been provided a way of stepping in without the Goa'uld knowing. But they realize that they will never really know for certain."

This is a pretty standard SG1 episode... nothing especially "cool" about it, though it's one of those nice little side-quest type stories with the original SG1 team discovering, exploring, screwing something up, fixing it, and returning home with new off-world buddies (or not). lol Good stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

For me it's the way they use the situation to develop the characters.
    I like Thor - great sense of humour when you listen.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up isn't

Beans

all i can say is it was interesting till RDA lost interest.

the ori are boring
    the wraith are boring
    general hammond was great too.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast