Thread: large spaces in firefox

Beans

large spaces in firefox

Hey guys...

I'm not sure how this happened, becuase it seemed to be all of a sudden, really.

In Firefox 3, there are large spaces between every word, in site text, text inputs, and the UI.

It's only Firefox 3, I installed Fx2, and it's normal.

I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling a few times, deleting ~/.mozilla, and installing Fx3 from the Mozilla website, the problem won't go away.

It's probably an easy fix, but can you guys help me?

Beans

Re: large spaces in firefox

Hi GStubbs43,

It seems that you have the same problem as I have. I've posted this problem on lauchpad.net, the bug number is 247129. Have you already found a solution to the problem ? If not, then please read my post. As you can see there, I have already taken some steps to find the cause of the problem and to resolve it eventually. The next thing to do, would be to replace the contents of the /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9, /etc/gre.d and /etc/xulrunner-1.9 folders with a new version, but I haven't come to that yet.

wasimo

Beans

Re: large spaces in firefox

Hi again, GStubbs43,

The problem is solved. Please look at bug number 247129 in launchpad.net. It seemed that this bug was already reported earlier in the year. Closing Firefox and any xulrunner-1.9 applications and then doing a complete remove of pango-graphite should solve the problem, as JM Williams of launchpad.net pointed out.