Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

ubuntu studio hash check

Hello,

I've downloaded iso image from here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustud...rnate-i386.iso

iso hash was ok. i compared with hash from here http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustud...elease/MD5SUMS

i burn it.

then i did chcksum from md5sum.txt on dvd with md5summer.exe from http://www.md5summer.org/

the results were fine except:

./install/netboot/pxelinux.0 hash did not match.

./install/netboot/ubuntu-installer/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default does not exists. the path is wrong it should be without /default

./pool/main/l/linux/firewire-core-modules-2.6.24-16-generic-di_2.6.24-16.30_i386.udeb does not exists. the extension for this file on dvd is .ud

./pool/main/l/linux/pcmcia-modules-2.6.24-16-generic-di_2.6.24-16.30_i386.udeb does not exists. the extension for this file on dvd is .ude

./pool/main/x/xfree86-driver-synaptics/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics_0.14.7~git20070706-1ubuntu4_i386.deb does not exists. the extension for this file on dvd is .de

./pool/restricted/l/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24/nic-restricted-modules-2.6.24-16-generic-di_2.6.24.12-16.34_i386.udeb does not exists. the extension for this file on dvd is .34_i38 obviosly not full file name was entered

./pool/restricted/l/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24/nic-restricted-firmware-2.6.24-16-generic-di_2.6.24.12-16.34_i386.udeb does not exists. the extension for this file on dvd is .34_i386 obviosly not full file name was entered

I just wanted to know if this is normal or its bad iso. And if its bad from where should i download next time?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: ubuntu studio hash check

Seems to be porblem with burning — filenames are just trimmed. What tool do you use for burning dvd? Anyways, just be sure to uncheck something like 'Windows compatibility mode' and 'Restrict filenames to XX characters'. Then try again.
    Registered Ubuntu User # 18873.
    We all create a new world.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The other thing you should do when burning the CD is to set the burn speed to the lowest possible setting to minimize errors.
    Intel E5700 G41 8Gb Xubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.4, WinXP.
    Revo R3610 Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 13.04

Absolute Beginners Compiz-fusion wiki Local Weather

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Thanks for the replyies.

I forgot to say that even when i mount iso in deamon tools the file names are trimed, so the burning didn't do the damage. But I agree that using the self check will make final decision.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

I did the cd integrity check. And the test said that cd is valid. So, I will accept that result, but still be puzzled with that trimmed filenames in windows.

thanks again for the replyies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well, in an addition to my previous comment, md5summer may be just failing to read long names. The best way to test ISO for readability and usefulness is boot it up and select 'Check disk integrity' from Ubuntu boot menu. I believe your iso should fine as long as its md5 is fine.
    Registered Ubuntu User # 18873.
    We all create a new world.