Thread: Media Usage Rights

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Media Usage Rights

Hello! I downloaded more than 800Mb video file(.wmv), with a 256kbs connection! Now when I wanna watch it in Windows I get this: (see the attachment please) Can I watch it in my Ubuntu?
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Media Usage Rights

Nope. This is a fake file. They want your money and claim that you will then get the video. But obvious you'll never see the video nor will you ever see your money again.

Beans
    Distro

I don't think that what you said is right! It was downloaded from Wimbledon official website. And the site which claimed money was Mediazone. They get about 16£ and let you watch up to 8 courts live and watch all the videos on demand. Also they let you to watch interviews and so on. But the problem is I'm in Iran and because of my government, I don't have to right to have a credit card or paypal account or the ability to pay some money to a bank account in a foreign country.
    Now I wanna know is there anyway to watch those videos or not?!

Beans

Probably you'll have the same problem in Ubuntu. But perhaps not: first install 100 % multimedia support before you try:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...60&postcount=3

Beans
    Hidden!

it has DRM, you wont be able to do it in linux. since you cant send money out of the country, your only chance is to watch them pre-recordered when they appear on the internet, which is illegal of course and thus i cant discuss it further or ill get censored again

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aeiah View Post
    it has DRM, you wont be able to do it in linux. since you cant send money out of the country, your only chance is to watch them pre-recordered when they appear on the internet, which is illegal of course and thus i cant discuss it further or ill get censored again
    Could you please tell me more?
    +++
    There are cracks for almost every software, there are ways to copy DVDs, ways to watch them outside their Region, there are ways to illegally download things, but you mean there is no way to remove DRM from a video file?

Beans

Dorud Hooman (dorud is the only Farsi word I know...),

As you will understand, we can't help you here with illegal things. It's tough for you with the rule of the mullahs, and I sympathize. But this forum has to stay 100 % legitimate.

Greeting, Pjotr.