Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: media player with equalizer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

media player with equalizer

Hi! I'm Melvin from Kerala, India. I see that totem n rhythmbox hav no equalizer for sound setting. thus, being an audiophile, I need a good audio player with lots of features including equalizer.

Another problem is, whenever my computer boots, it displays 'CMOS checksum error' Please offer me a solution to these issues.
    Last edited by melrokz; June 23rd, 2008 at 07:06 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: media player with equalizer

Amarok has an equilizer that works well. Check it out.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I would recommend to take a look at Amarok, it's a very nice mediaplayer for music. it has a very nice stream support, with equalizer, and also the most full featured media library I have ever seen..

It also have the (as far as I know) unique feature to find covers, LYRICS, and also wikipedia information for your media.

http://amarok.kde.org/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by melrokz View Post
    Another problem is, whenever my computer boots, it displays 'CMOS checksum error' Please offer me a solution to these issues.
    Sounds like it could be a dying battery.

Beans

The cmos checksum error may indicate that the cmos battery on your motherboard is running low and might need replacement.

There are a lot of music players with equalizers. Exaile, the one I use, has an equalizer. I don't use it though and I've heard it is not a very good one so... Others might give their experiences with equalizers.
    Disclaimer: I am currently suffering from severe CSD (Compulsive Sarcasm Disorder).
    My Site | Linux User #452328 | Running Arch Linux on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ61XN/C since October 2008

Beans

In regards to the CMOS issue, this looks like a pretty good guide.

As far as media players go, I believe that Beep has an equalizer, as does the much heavier, KDE-based AmaroK. Also, VLC apparently has a very good equalizer, but lacks library features.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

will it work in both ubuntu and kubuntu?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by melrokz View Post
    will it work in both ubuntu and kubuntu?
    Er, I'm guessing you're referring to AmaroK, in which case the answer is yes. However, if you use Ubuntu and have not previously installed any KDE-based applications, you will have to download a large amount (~100 MB, if memory serves me correctly) of other files to make KDE work. This will be done automatically for you if you use any of Synaptic, Add/Remove Programs or sudo apt-get install to install AmaroK, so it is not much of a hassle, but it will take up a significant amount of space and can take some time to download if you are on a slow connection.

Beans

They should work in both just fine. The integration (such as looks) of Amarok in gnome might not be super neat, but it certainly works.
    Disclaimer: I am currently suffering from severe CSD (Compulsive Sarcasm Disorder).
    My Site | Linux User #452328 | Running Arch Linux on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ61XN/C since October 2008

Beans

If you need an equalizer to compensate for cheap speakers or room characteristics, this thread has instructions to set up an overall equalizer for your entire sound system. It has to be configured in a file and then ALSA has to be reloaded whenever the setup changes, so it's not a good option if you need to adjust the EQ all the time for lossy audio files (e.g. MP3s), but it works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast