Thread: eee pc battery 1% + audio issue

Beans

eee pc battery 1% + audio issue

Hi, I rescently installed ubuntu eee, on my eee pc 701, and when i turn it on it says the battery might be damaged and its at 1%, but you can close the message and carry on as normal, and the battery displays as normal from then onwards, anybody know a fix for this, or how to turn the message off startup? Also a seperate issue being with audio playback - it did it with the linux the eee pc came with 2 but its worse on this one, i think it could be a setting in gnome, but when i go 2 play an mp3 its constantly jumping whilst playin the track (im now using vlc). Is there a buffer setting i can change somewhere which may fix the issue?

tnx

Beans

Re: eee pc battery 1% + audio issue

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmarsh632 View Post
    Hi, I rescently installed ubuntu eee, on my eee pc 701, and when i turn it on it says the battery might be damaged and its at 1%, but you can close the message and carry on as normal, and the battery displays as normal from then onwards, anybody know a fix for this, or how to turn the message off startup? Also a seperate issue being with audio playback - it did it with the linux the eee pc came with 2 but its worse on this one, i think it could be a setting in gnome, but when i go 2 play an mp3 its constantly jumping whilst playin the track (im now using vlc). Is there a buffer setting i can change somewhere which may fix the issue?

tnx
    OK, i sorted out the battery problem, guess i just overlooked the 'dont display this message again' button, sori bout that, now just the audio to sort