Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing easystroke, a gesture recognition app

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: Announcing easystroke, a gesture recognition app

I think I found a real problem now
    I added an exception for Firefox and it worked well (although Easystroke called it Navigator for some reason). Then I added Easystroke to my session, logged out and logged in. It started automatically and worked well, but the exception for Firefox didn't work. I quit Easystroke and ran it from the terminal, and then the exception worked again.
    The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
    To me, GPL still means Grand Prix Legends...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Luffield View Post
    I added an exception for Firefox and it worked well (although Easystroke called it Navigator for some reason). Then I added Easystroke to my session, logged out and logged in. It started automatically and worked well, but the exception for Firefox didn't work. I quit Easystroke and ran it from the terminal, and then the exception worked again.
    Thanks, I understand the issue now: It occurs whenever firefox is started while easystroke is already running. Easystroke currently asks for the WM_CLASS property only when the window is created and uses a cached value later. The problem is that firefox sets WM_CLASS later than expected. This should be easy to fix.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Luffield View Post
    Fixed in the darcs repository and the attached binary.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Wonderful! Thank you!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho Quad View Post
    Small feature request, I would like the ability to set mouse buttons as gesture triggers. For example, If I hold down the gesture button and flick the scroll wheel up 3 times, I would like easystroke to skip through 3 tabs. This is how I had it set up in Strokeit, and I really liked it
    Implemented in darcs and I've also attached a binary. Just set 'Stroke during click' in the Preferences tab to 'Action' and you should be all set. Note that this is still very experimental. In particular, I'm pretty sure it won't work correctly if your trigger button is > 5.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jaeger View Post
    In particular, I'm pretty sure it won't work correctly if your trigger button is > 5.
    Yup, this is a problem. The X server does not report events correctly in this case. I can think of an evil workaround, but I'm not sure I want to go there.

Beans

Works fabulously thank you very much!

I'm getting some weirdities in regard to certain mouse buttons but you already told me of that, besides, i think it's partly because linux is not identifying all my mouse buttons correctly anyway. I have a Logitech MX1000 (non bluetooth) if anyone knows how I could fix that, please let me know.

EDIT: Another small feature request... Would it be possible to perform the gesture on the window under the point where the gesture started, rather than the window in focus?
    Last edited by Tycho Quad; June 23rd, 2008 at 08:26 AM.

Beans

EDIT: Another small feature request... Would it be possible to perform the gesture on the window under the point where the gesture started, rather than the window in focus?
    Good catch, this was a bug. I hadn't noticed it since I use focus on enter.

The attached version might be a little unstable since I've just done some minor refactoring, but it does fix this specific issue

Beans

Tom, your my hero. Not a single update to strokeit in over 3 years, and here you are fulfilling mine hours after I make them!

Speaking of bugs, I think I've found another one. I can't get an alt-tab gesture to work with mouse buttons. Ultimately I'd like to have it work like my tab switching gesture, but that might be difficult as you have to hold down the alt and press the tab key many times before getting to the window you want

This would go above and beyond what strokeit did for me. I used another program called TaskSwitchXP to perform this action, but compiz is a much better looking solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Tom, your my hero. Not a single update to strokeit in over 3 years, and here you are fulfilling mine hours after I make them!
    Yeah, but easystroke is becoming bloatware lately. It's over 220KB now but it used to be under 135KB, it just ROCKED back then. I remember these times as if they were yesterday...

Seriously, though: easystroke is just brilliant and I think it's not too early to try to get it into the Ubuntu repositories. What's the procedure for this? Should the developers do it or can anyone do it?

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast