Thread: Update Manager says 8 updates ready but only 4 show

Beans

Update Manager says 8 updates ready but only 4 show

Hi,

Update Manager promoted me a notice on updates, saying 8 updates are ready for download.

Only 4 downloads are visible in the update pane, each 24K in size (something to do with kernel this and that...).

Total download size is 43MB...I'm no math wizard but I can tell something sure ain't kosher here...

Now, I tried to uncheck them and download, and I got a message saying this download is from an unverified source...

What do you think?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Update Manager says 8 updates ready but only 4 show

Quote Originally Posted by Udibuntu View Post
    Hi,

Update Manager promoted me a notice on updates, saying 8 updates are ready for download.

Only 4 downloads are visible in the update pane, each 24K in size (something to do with kernel this and that...).

Total download size is 43MB...I'm no math wizard but I can tell something sure ain't kosher here...

Now, I tried to uncheck them and download, and I got a message saying this download is from an unverified source...

What do you think?
    check your software sources and temporarily disable any third party repositories, then do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and see what happens.

Beans

Re: Update Manager says 8 updates ready but only 4 show

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsoldier2003 View Post
    check your software sources and temporarily disable any third party repositories, then do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and see what happens.
    Thanks, but now 5 are said to be available and only 3 show, 24K each. Total size is 30 MB...