Thread: Mp3 and Flash problem

Beans

Mp3 and Flash problem

Hello,

I seem to be having a strange problem with audio playback. I'm running 8.04 and it has been fully patched. When i start up my machine and play a flash video the audio works fine. When i try to play an audio file after that the file will not play in either totem or rhythmbox.

When i do the opposite first, play audio with rhythmbox or totem, i cannot get audio from any flash videos.

Beans

Re: Mp3 and Flash problem

This is a problem related to pulseaudio. It blocks the second access request to your sound card. You should be able to fix this by doing part A of the following guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578 It is up to you if you do the rest, but they shouldn't be required to fix the problem.

To be sure that it is the specific problem, I recommend you do something else first. Run the following commands simultaneously, each command in a separate terminal:
    Code:
    gst-launch-0.10 audiotestsrc ! pulsesink
    gst-launch-0.10 audiotestsrc ! alsasink
    If you only get sound from one of them, you have the problem, which you can fix by following the earlier mentioned guide.
    Disclaimer: I am currently suffering from severe CSD (Compulsive Sarcasm Disorder).
    My Site | Linux User #452328 | Running Arch Linux on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ61XN/C since October 2008

Beans

Re: Mp3 and Flash problem

Thanks! That worked. I had to do parts A and B to get the flash audio working.