Thread: How to install various linux distros FROM an USB Flash Drive

Beans

How to install various linux distros FROM an USB Flash Drive

hello all
    i am looking for a way to put various linux distros onto the same flash drive (8Gb in my situation)
    all i want to do is to have a flash drive partitioned as needed to be able to install FROM it various ubuntu releases (for example it would be great to have on the same flash drive (and ready to install on any computer) x/k/ubuntu 32 or 64 bit versions
    can anybody help me with this?
    i think it would be much faster and easier to be able to install your needed distro from a flash drive
    of course there are some conditions (like bios being able to boot from usb , and so)
    my purpose is in fact to be able to have an extralight and ultrafast way to show to other people (and install if nedded)(using a 'something like a livecd'(but not necessarily livecd ) various linux distros without needing anything else but a flash drive
    this might be a big step forward in proving to people that 'free' means easy too when is about linux and making a choice about it
    thanks in advance
    best wishes

Beans

Re: How to install various linux distros FROM an USB Flash Drive

Was looking for the same thing and it seems to be quite difficutl.
    Though I found this guide which seems to be good.

Also, If correctly remember, if you want to put puppy linux in your disk, there is a way to do a multiboot environment using puppy, but you have to check puppy's forum pages for info..

Finally, take a look at this.