Thread: Ktorrent and lost torrent file

Beans

Ktorrent and lost torrent file

Hi all,
    I've started downloading a large collection of public domain movies, about 30G worth, on Vista, have now dual booted my laptop and thought that I'd finish the download off with Ktorrent. Problem is, I've lost the original torrent file (not even all that sure if I actually downloaded it or just opened it from the net). Is there any way to restart the downloads in Ktorrent?

Griz.

Beans

Re: Ktorrent and lost torrent file

Try booting from Vista and see if your torrent application has some way to export that torrent; for instance, I believe Azureus has this functionality.

If it does, save it someplace, boot back into linux, enable the Ktorrent plugin Import. Then File -> Import existing download, point it to the right paths. Should work.

edit: Even if you just opened it from a web link, it *should* still be saved *someplace*. Else that torrent application you used in Vista wouldn't be able to remember it upon restart of the program itself. Either it saved the file in its own temporary directory (likely under /Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/application name), or in its own database. In the latter case you'd need to Export it somehow.

Beans

Thanks for the reply. I never thought of that. Will try it out later.

Griz.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If it is listed under the uploads tab you can resume it from there as well.