Thread: Best PCMCIA wireless card?

Beans

Question Best PCMCIA wireless card?

I'm currently using the built-in (I guess it's Mini-PCI) Broadcom wlan card in my Dell laptop. It works, but I can't connect any external antenna, and it uses ndiswrapper. So, as the title says, which is the best (54mbps at least) card? A card that is known to be stable and have good signal reception. An external antenna would also very nice...
    Archlinux / Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Best PCMCIA wireless card?

I have had a lot of good luck with ralink based cards. The drivers are included in the kernel and the cards work out of the box with most distros. Most Edimax cards and some Belkin cards use ralink chipset.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Best PCMCIA wireless card?

I'm also in the market for a wireless card. Anyone have any more suggestions or success stories?

I'm looking for something PCMCIA with good Linux support, preferably monitor mode-enabled. Extended range would be nice too, since my campus's wireless hotspots are sketchy at best.

I'm interested in learning more about wireless security and want to mess around with monitor mode on my own wireless network, see how things work. Is there a list of monitor mode wireless cards somewhere? I couldn't find one.
    Mikazo Tech Blog - A blog about the switch to Linux and various other technological adventures