Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Howto: Make Qt/KDE apps look like Gnome ones!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howto: Make Qt/KDE apps look like Gnome ones!

YAY!! I just want to comment that the amd64 package still works with (X)ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, for anybody who stumbles upon this at another time in the future. VLC looks native again!!!! And also, it's worth noting that Skype no longer requires this to look normal in GTK environments.

Again, THANKS!!
    movin' to a new home: from 127.0.0.1 to ::1

Beans

Re: Howto: Make Qt/KDE apps look like Gnome ones!

I cannot make it work. I did set in qtconfig4 and systemsettings the style option to GTK+ and in both preview windows my Gnome style is shown correctly (see the first two screenshots). However, either Mathematica nor Skype are using the Gnome theme. What am I doing wrong?

thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by exoren22 View Post
    YAY!! I just want to comment that the amd64 package still works with (X)ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, for anybody who stumbles upon this at another time in the future. VLC looks native again!!!! And also, it's worth noting that Skype no longer requires this to look normal in GTK environments. (the --disable-cleanlooks shows no effect)

Again, THANKS!!
    That it interesting, because since QT 4.4 or so qgtkstyle is automatically included, so it should be working without the unofficial package. I tried manually installing it too, but had no success.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by osfight.de; September 21st, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456