Thread: message handler not found in 8.04

Beans

message handler not found in 8.04

After ugradiing from gutsy to Hardy. The log is showing (/var/log/messages) is showing a few error messages including these about message handler:

Jun 14 23:48:19 Antec-Linux kernel: [ 71.448981] skge eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full duplex, flow control both
    Jun 14 23:48:19 Antec-Linux dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth0 for sub-path eth0.dbus.get.reason
    Jun 14 23:48:22 Antec-Linux kernel: [ 73.669134] NET: Registered protocol family 17
    Jun 14 23:48:22 Antec-Linux dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth0 for sub-path eth0.dbus.get.domain_name
    Jun 14 23:48:22 Antec-Linux dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth0 for sub-path eth0.dbus.get.nis_domain
    Jun 14 23:48:22 Antec-Linux dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth0 for sub-path eth0.dbus.get.nis_servers
    Jun 14 23:48:22 Antec-Linux dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth0 for sub-path eth0.dbus.get.interface_mtu
    Jun 14 23:48:23 Antec-Linux kernel: [ 75.190500] NET: Registered protocol family 10
    Jun 14 23:48:23 Antec-Linux kernel: [ 75.190800] lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
    Jun 14 23:48:23 Antec-Linux kernel: [ 75.192014] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
    Jun 14 23:48:56 Antec-Linux pulseaudio[6273]: alsa-util.c: Device hw:2 doesn't support 44100 Hz, changed to 16000 Hz.
    Jun 14 23:48:56 Antec-Linux pulseaudio[6273]: alsa-util.c: Device hw:2 doesn't support 2 channels, changed to 1.

Can anyone explain what this is about and how I can fix it.

The other errors are about ACPI.

Many thanks

Graham

Beans

Re: message handler not found in 8.04

I'm getting the same ever since upgrading to Hardy. Hope someone can help us here?

Rgds

Ausmosis

Beans

Are you also having the ACPI errors adn problems shutting down?

Graham
    Last edited by myotis; June 20th, 2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I and I think everybody gets these errors. If things are working ok then disregard them.

I did start a thread about the red hat message but no one could give me an answer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    I and I think everybody gets these errors. If things are working ok then disregard them.

I did start a thread about the red hat message but no one could give me an answer.

Thanks, but in fact I am having shut down problems, but as no one has been able to help me with the shut down problem, I thought I would try and extract some of the error messages that may have had something to do with the problem.

Graham

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by myotis View Post
    Thanks, but in fact I am having shut down problems, but as no one has been able to help me with the shut down problem, I thought I would try and extract some of the error messages that may have had something to do with the problem.

Graham
    I'm not getting ACPI errors. I get the message handler errors as well as the following error when shutting down:

Code:
    Jun 20 17:55:04 falcidi-desktop NetworkManager: <WARN>  nm_spawn_process(): nm_spawn_process('/usr/sbin/nscd -i hosts'): could not spawn process. (Failed to execute child process "/usr/sbin/nscd" (No such file or directory))
    Not sure why its coming up but I assume its trying to find 'nscd' which definitely isn't under /usr/sbin. Is there a way to stop NetworkManager from trying to execute 'nscd'??

Rgds

Ausmosis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

You need to install nscd to get rid of that message. It is a bug in Network Manager that effects only some installs. It happened to me along with a pam_smbpass (missing ok) error that was fixed by installing libpam_smbpass which is also a bug in Network Manager.

There is a bug report on it in launchpad.

The redhat thing is on the low priority list for bug repair. Ignore it.