Hey all. I had FF 2.0.0.14 working and sharing a profile with a Windows install of FF - profile on a share drive. (I am using 64-bit Gutsy.)

I had installed FF 2.0.0.14 via synaptic.

Today, I downloaded FF3, untaring the FF folder into my home directory, and running firefox from within ~/firefox/ (as instructed all over)

I used the profile manager to select the old shared one, and most of my extensions worked. All of my bookmarks were there immediately, without any foxmarks syncing. So it is using the profile from my share drive, as I selected.

The problem is that it doesn't remember cookies, and foxmarks wants to run the initial setup every time I launch FF. Foxmarks did it's update, so it should be FF3 compliant.

If I log into Google, and restart FF, I am logged out again.

It seems like there is confusion between my old and new installs. Using synaptic to uninstall 2.0.0.14 didn't help.

Is running the new install from a ff folder in my home directory the wrong way to go? If so, how do I install it the way synaptic did with the old version? (I don't really want to do this unless that's what's causing this.) Is ther just a way to point FF to the right directory for cookies and such?

Thanks