Thread: Sharing files Hardy/Leopard and Sound MB

Beans

Sharing files Hardy/Leopard and Sound MB

Hi there,
    I'm a brand new user when it comes to Linux. I've had it for a few months on my MacBook. I've made everything work, except for a few things.

I can't seem to share files between Hardy and Leopard. In Ubuntu when I load the Mac HD all the files are locked because I don't have permission to access the files. Even though in OS X the permissions are set to "Everyone: Read and Write".

On top of that I can't even load the Ubuntu partition in OS X.

My second issue is the sound control, not the sound itself. Is it normal on Ubuntu for the sound to only work for one open application at a time? If I have Kmessenger open at the same time as aMSN only one of them will play sounds. And then if I try to load a music file I'll hear nothing. Only after closing an active window on the messenger program will all of the sound explode out of my speakers.

Very strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Sharing files Hardy/Leopard and Sound MB

Refer to the relevant sections in this guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro

Not sure what might be causing the sound issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Sharing files Hardy/Leopard and Sound MB

Quote Originally Posted by drrules View Post
    My second issue is the sound control, not the sound itself. Is it normal on Ubuntu for the sound to only work for one open application at a time? If I have Kmessenger open at the same time as aMSN only one of them will play sounds. And then if I try to load a music file I'll hear nothing. Only after closing an active window on the messenger program will all of the sound explode out of my speakers.
    This is probably because of specific applications you are using... This seems to be uncommon issue.