Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My linux teacher said people who use it are *required* to "help" the project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: My linux teacher said people who use it are *required* to "help" the project

its ITT Tech, you probobly have one near you, and we get hard drives, which is in a sort of enclosure that slides into any computer in the labs, and we use that for linux, and some server OS's and stuff

the linux class is more server admin stuff than anything so calm down
    Every time you boot to windows, a kitten dies.

Desktop - Athlon II X4, Radon HD 5770, dual (crt) monitor 1800x1440 & 1600x1200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: My linux teacher said people who use it are *required* to "help" the project

Quote Originally Posted by imronak View Post
    my school has Redhat, my old school had Fedora.

Dont know why these institutions dont use ubuntu 8-|
    in our other class we do use ubuntu, i saw some people using it and i booted my laptop up with it (of course i made sure the volume was up so they could hear the ubuntu login jingle )
    Every time you boot to windows, a kitten dies.

Desktop - Athlon II X4, Radon HD 5770, dual (crt) monitor 1800x1440 & 1600x1200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

You're not required to help, but you certainly can help, even if it means reporting bugs or making a small monetary donation.
    Think before you type: If anybody asks you to type anything with rm -rf on the CLI, DO NOT do it! As a matter of fact, if you don't know what a set of commands will do, ask for clarification from other members.
    My home page: www.cyeungrun.com

Beans

My school uses OS X. Not the best choice, but certainly better than Windows What makes me happy is the computers have NeoOffice (Aqua OOo port), VLC, and Firefox installed, so I practically feel at home EDIT: And of course I can change the user password from the terminal without needing the admin password (like you normally need to change passwords)...good times The school I'm going to next year though...I think they have XP :'(
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Quote Originally Posted by dasunst3r View Post
    You're not required to help, but you certainly can help, even if it means reporting bugs or making a small monetary donation.
    And that is the 100-percent correct answer.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Being a user is helping I'd have thought, the larger the user base the more likely it is to have drivers etc ported to Linux.

Mick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12