Thread: Adeptec avc 2410 problems

Beans

Adeptec avc 2410 problems

i've been struggling for a while now to get my adaptec tv card working with ubuntu. my research has lead me down several routes, such as ivtv and mythtv but all in vain. i am rather lost as to how to get this thing working as it appears that the card is compatible with ubuntu. any help is gratefully received.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans

Re: Adeptec avc 2410 problems

i have tried to follow this guide before but to no avail. i just get confused beyond extracting the avcpwilo.sys file. is anyone able to help me in more layman's terms!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Try Tvtime, as is says:
    As of 2008, Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 8 do not require any of the firmware downloads or special setup (for Fedora you can just fetch the ivtv-firmware package). Simply properly set up MythTV and the Tuners/Video Sources and the card will work just fine. (at least in the US within NTSC, and in the UK with PAL). In fact, some of the instructions listed here will break features temporarily (until they're undone). This may also apply to most modern distros.

Beans

i have just done that and at the bottom tvtime says:

ivtv: invalid arguement
    cannot open capture device /dev/video0

Beans

I am using two adaptec 2410's with Mythbuntu 8.04 They worked OUT OF THE BOX. I didn't have to download or change any settings. I haven't got the remote control working as yet.