Thread: Stop Counterfeit Code of Coduct from spreading

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Stop Counterfeit Code of Coduct from spreading

Over the course of the past years or so I have see an increasing tendency in the the PT forum in adopting the more elite and obnoxious view shared buy this guide on how to ask smart questions:

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Whilst the guide offers some good advice it also fosters some attitudes and actions that are directly against the Ubuntu CoC, especially section 1 point 1 of the CoC.

I request that all references to this text should be reviewed and removed and the proper Ubuntu CoC be should be promoted instead.

Numerous flame wars and generally bad support experiences will be avoid in future if we act to route out the more cancerous view held therein.

Mike

Beans

Re: Stop Counterfeit Code of Coduct from spreading

Please provide links to examples in these forums
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Beans

The links you have provided have nothing to do with a so called counterfeit code of conduct.

They would seem to relate to an on going personal problem with another member. With regard to that ongoing issue you have ,(and forgive my bluntness ), appears to be developing an increasing childlike tone. I will request that you keep that out of threads in these Forums.

With regards to the issue here , please present some evidence to back up your complaint.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    The links you have provided have nothing to do with a so called counterfeit code of conduct.

They would seem to relate to an on going personal problem with another member. With regard to that ongoing issue you have ,(and forgive my bluntness ), appears to be developing an increasing childlike tone. I will request that you keep that out of threads in these Forums.

With regards to the issue here , please present some evidence to back up your complaint.
    I refer you to your own CoC Section 1 point 1 as a a response to your insulting and flippant response.

I guess things only get taken care of when you can be bothered.

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Please read the first post in this thread. This is what I see when I read your complaint(s).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=630230

Furthermore, insulting any forum member is a ban-worthy offense, period. If you cannot address people working here in a kind manner, you are welcome to leave. In addition, the snippy, passive aggressive thing in your manner of address is beneath the standards you are claiming to uphold.

To help you get the message, I am imposing a one week suspension of your account. Feel free to take this up again when you return.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Mickeysofine1972 Do not open multiple accounts to avoid this action

http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=606296