Thread: Not able to use Compiz in Ati x200, Hardy. Help!

Beans

Angry Not able to use Compiz in Ati x200, Hardy. Help!

I have the following PC config:

AMD Athlon64 3000+
    MSI RS482M2-IL MoBo (On Board Ati x200 GPU)
    512 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM

Now, I am not able to use Compiz Settings in this. I can change n apply the settings n all, but it simply doesnt work. Even in the Appearance Preferences, in the Visual Effects tab, all i can enable is None... not even Normal settings. When i do so, it just Logs off.

I even installed the Ati Driver Present in Hardware Drivers window, but it just made the things worse. I was not even able to change my resolution from 800x600. But i indeed have installed a driver file i had with me with file name <ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run>

Compiz runs fine in a lower end Intel GMA 950 GPU. i guess mine is better, but still it doesnt work. Please help me out guys..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Not able to use Compiz in Ati x200, Hardy. Help!

Have a look at this page, and download and install the compiz-check and compiz-switch which have links on the right of the page. I have no idea about your particular graphics card but know that ati can be a problem in all sorts of ways. This is a usefull page, anyway, if you get compiz working, with lots of good suggestions.