Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Quote Originally Posted by jambare View Post
    Hey guy! I did it!!
    www.screenlets.org
    1. i just deleted any mention to screenlets
    2. add to your sources.list deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gilir/ubuntu gutsy main universe.
    3. install from synaptic then screenlets
    4. Nowplaying works with amarok now.
    Bye and luck!!
    Nice work, jambare! Just want to confirm with ya: are your cover arts embedded into the MP3 tag or as an image in the same folder as the MP3 itself?

UPDATE:
    I went researching all afternoon and found out that they updated the version 0.1.2 to cater for all music players. The thing is, when I installed it, it still doesn't work! The music title was rolling, but no images still. So, i stuck with the old NowPlaying. If you can get it to run with the covers embedded into the MP3 tags, that would be an extra help needed! Thanks!
    Last edited by jusuchin85; June 27th, 2008 at 07:33 PM.

Beans

Well, i have the pictures into the music folder (some called folder.jpg), but works with the covers that search amarok in amazon... (i test it)
    Try also start first amarok, then nowplaying screenlet.
    Pd. (sorry about my english - im spanish and luck!!
    This is my msn if i can help (kasspy@hotm...)
    Last edited by jambare; June 28th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Lightbulb Re: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Well i read all the post and....
    I have installed Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1 with Compiz and ScreenLets.
    One installation in my PC and other here in my Laptop.
    I recently installed Ubuntu here in my laptop and had that problem with Nowplaying Screenlet.
    I just installed python-dcop and restart NowPlaying Screenlet and done, Covers are working. Even with ID3 tags, i tried it right now.
    For example, every single song in Nine Inch Nails Ghosts I-IV albums have a cover and each of its works with NowPlaying ScreenLets right now with python-dcop.

I hope all of you could solve your problem right now.

BTW, somebody mentioned before that he installed python-dcop and even that nowplaying did not work, that is weird, i did that and it is working charming.

maybe you want to chat with me in: mauricio.mora.meza@hot...

bye.

P.S.: when i have an album that have not every single track with cover embebed in ID3 tags, then i set a general cover for that album from amazon with amarok and, it affects only to the tracks that have not a ID3tag cover, that is even better

That is true, you have first to run Amarok and then run nowplaying screenlet.

Beans

Actually I did run a full clean installation, but no album covers with amarok... and yes there were album covers with rhytmbox...

Any suggestions?

Beans

Same problem here on three different hardy machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs down Re: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Quote Originally Posted by CLEARviewF View Post
    Well i read all the post and....
    I have installed Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1 with Compiz and ScreenLets.
    One installation in my PC and other here in my Laptop.
    I recently installed Ubuntu here in my laptop and had that problem with Nowplaying Screenlet.
    I just installed python-dcop and restart NowPlaying Screenlet and done, Covers are working. Even with ID3 tags, i tried it right now.
    For example, every single song in Nine Inch Nails Ghosts I-IV albums have a cover and each of its works with NowPlaying ScreenLets right now with python-dcop.

I hope all of you could solve your problem right now.

BTW, somebody mentioned before that he installed python-dcop and even that nowplaying did not work, that is weird, i did that and it is working charming.

maybe you want to chat with me in: mauricio.mora.meza@hot...

bye.

P.S.: when i have an album that have not every single track with cover embebed in ID3 tags, then i set a general cover for that album from amazon with amarok and, it affects only to the tracks that have not a ID3tag cover, that is even better

That is true, you have first to run Amarok and then run nowplaying screenlet.
    Yeap, it worked for me too... btw, I had restart my media player too in order to get the covers to work in Nowplaying screenlet. (I'm using Banshee)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amr2205 View Post
    Yeap, it worked for me too... btw, I had restart my media player too in order to get the covers to work in Nowplaying screenlet. (I'm using Banshee)
    I have the very same problem. I solved it using the gutsy version. Add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list

PHP Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gilir/ubuntu gutsy main universe 
    Now force this screenlets version:

0.1.2~bzr451-gutsy1-1

This is the only version that works in my system for showing Amarok covers in NowPlaying. I tried hardy version, but did not work.

César

Beans

I have the same issue as cesar_spain (Hardy x64, in my case). His fix worked for me, as well.

Beans

I could not solve the problem using the above fixes. I am running Intrepid 64bit. However it was solved after I installed this modified version of now playing to my screenlets daemon.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...?content=69988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12