Thread: USB Mouse not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

USB Mouse not working

Hi,

I had this problem on Gutsy and now Hardy, and I can't find a relevent thread so thought I would start a new one.

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilio laptop running Hardy. When I plug my USB mouse in to one of the ports it powers up but does not get recognised. The usb ports on the laptop all work ok for other devices eg external usb hard disk and usb pen drive.

I know the mouse is OK because I have a second laptop for work running XP SP2 and it works fine with this laptop.

I am not sure if this is a power issue for the mouse or if it needs some updated drivers.

Has anyone seen this issue, and have any ideas on what I need to do to resolve it?

Thanks,

daveR

Beans

Re: USB Mouse not working

same problem here. tried two mice and both didn't work on my Compaq v5000 laptop, but the mice work on other machines. The mice seem to get power (optical light turns on) but no pointer movement.

Also, I know the usb ports on my laptop work b/c I can use my thumbdrive.

There seems to be a bug report on Launchpad that may be the same problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/203568

I put a comment there. You might too and post information on your setup by zipping up files listed here on the DebuggingMouseDetection page.

Hopefully someone will provide a fix/solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: USB Mouse not working

I have bought a new USB mouse and it works really well. I can only presume the problem was my previous mouse was a really cheap one.

daveR
    Registered Linux User : 474540 Registered Ubuntu User : 23889

"A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words" John Lennon, 1975