Thread: activation mail

Beans

activation mail

Hi! I'm a newcomer in Ubuntu world. While registering in this forum, I did not get the activation mail in the first attempt ( a whole day is past by now). So I registered with a different name and using an another mailing address. But actually, I'm going to close this mail account and would like to use the e-mail from my first attempt. At the present, I can not do this as while trying to change the e-mail in my profile, I receive a message that the mail address is already in use. What should I to do to be able to start using the desired mail?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: activation mail

Moved to Resolution Center.

Sent the following pm:

What is the original name that you registered under?
    Last edited by Sef; June 16th, 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added quote.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: activation mail

1) Please delete harriest, so Harri can use <snip> for Robinista.

2) Thank you.

3) PM from Robinista:

Re: Original Name?
    1) Would you like your name changed or not? It can be done if you want it changed.

I would like use the name "robinatsia" and use an e-mail <snip>.

2) To edit your email: Click on User CP (on the bar far left) > Settings & Options > Edit Email and Password

I tried this - but got a message saying that this e-mail is already in use. So, please delete the user "harriest" (I've activated it) and then, I guess, "robinatsia" can start using <snip>

Thank you very much! Regards,
    Harri.
    Last edited by Sef; July 20th, 2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: removed email
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine