Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Beans

Question Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

I feel like im beating a dead horse with this question, but how come they can't take the effects and stuff from like OpenShot and put them in Pitivi. I would just like something like the new windows movie maker live edition, for Linux. Currently using OpenShot but its a bit different. Also would like to be able to add words and effects at any give time segment. And add transitions to the words or how the words appear. Any ideas would be so help full. Please get back to me by email if you know of anything. needlez6@aol.com. Thanks

Beans

Re: Where can I get Pitivi Plugins?

Effects are available in the upcoming pitivi release, which should be out in only a few days.

If you have frei0r and libvisual and other libraries like that installed, pitivi has all the effects that openshot and kdenlive have, plus a couple more (from gstreamer).

Text/titles will be added during the summer (there are 4 students working on Summer of Code projects for pitivi).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I guess it is a really long summer

Yeah, I know, we can hardly complain when it is free software, but it would be really nice if even there was a webpage somewhere with an RSS feed that might tell us what's happening, are we waiting in vain, have all the devs jumped ship to some other project, or do we just keep on using kino (where did all the cool plugins go that used to be in kino?)

Beans

I guess it is a really long summer
    Along the way they figured out that it was better to wait for the GES port to actually add the titles. Effects and transformation are already in, but titles will have to wait for this spring (hopefully). Afaik help is welcome on that front, there are just so many things the devs have to do.

Yeah, I know, we can hardly complain when it is free software, but it would be really nice if even there was a webpage somewhere with an RSS feed that might tell us what's happening
    You mean like pitivi planet on the pitivi front page?
    Or the rss feed of git.pitivi.org, but you won't see much until they actually merge branches into it (the GES port happens in separate branches so far)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567