Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picture slideshow for DVD software?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Picture slideshow for DVD software?

Quote Originally Posted by TenPlus1 View Post
    ManSlide is a good slideshow creator with 3D effects:

http://www.getdeb.net/app/ManSlide
    I loaded manslide and it was looking good until **crash**. Everytime that I attempt to load pictures, it:
    Code:
    ecomer@ubu-squirrel:/usr/bin$ ./manslide
    Segmentation fault
    ecomer@ubu-squirrel:/usr/bin$
    ----
    Linux user since before Yggdrasil, Unix before that while with the real AT&T.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofthePenguin View Post
    Well, I figured I'd post my experiences so far.

I tried Manslide, which looked great, but unfortunately was less than useable. I could do everything except actually export the video. Nothing was produced and when it asked me if I wanted to see the results, the "results" would flash and then disappear without actually showing me anything. In trying to fix it, I found a review of it where the reviewer was having the same problem. In the comments the developer who made Manslide defended the product and said it was likely a dependency problem and to check the page at kde-apps. Well, the page no longer exists.

I also tried Jslide. After some dependency work (see the README that comes with it) and a copy of the bin directory from the regular to the bytencode version, I was able to make it work. It seemed to work great until I actually reviewed the slideshow. On a short slideshow of 24 pictures it dropped the last two pictures. On longer slideshows it could drop dozens.

Thankfully I found a post which pointed to Open Movie Editor to make slideshows. It's in the add/remove section (didn't check the repositories). I installed it and tried it - while it's a little tricky to work with (no zoom on the timeline, so working with pictures can be challenging) the end result was a great slideshow. Another difficulty is that pictures can only be added one at a time by dragging. VERY time-consuming if you have a couple hundred pictures. Otherwise, it's the only thing I found that would actually produce a complete slideshow.
    How funny is this. I want to create another slideshow but couldn't remember what software I used last time. And here I find my own post that I don't even remember making...
    You will rue the day...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

anybody know where I can get a copy of manslide? seems to have disappeared.

Thanks,
    Brent

Beans

I've been using photo flash maker, it very easy to make a slideshow with music and get it burn on dvd.
    http://www.photo-flash-maker.com/mak...ith-music.html

Support adding photos & music
    Provides numerous transitions & effects
    Provides hundreds of amazing templates devided in 4 categories
    Support adding hyperlink to photos
    Output standalone & XML-driven photo gallery
    Burn auto-run CD/DVD
    Upload photo gallery to Go2Album, social websites and your own website

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

FYI - Given that Photo Flash Maker is a Windows only program, are you running it under WINE? If so, do all features work? Which version of Photo Flash Maker are you using - platinum, pro or free?
    ----
    Linux user since before Yggdrasil, Unix before that while with the real AT&T.

Beans

I've never been happy with still photos on DVD. Image quality stinks when the photos are reduced to the 720x480 of DVD -- especially if viewed on a large screen.

Solution I like is a play list on one of those media player set top boxes like the Viewsonic VMP-70 (~$90) + the cost of a USB stick. Will display video up to 1080p and on an HD set the photos automatically get resized to the HD display which look way better than any on a DVD.

The VMP-70 has Linux inside too!
    Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerence for others doing things you disapprove.

Beans

I have been using dvdslideshow for over a year now and I am quite happy with it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by celem View Post
    FYI - Given that Photo Flash Maker is a Windows only program, are you running it under WINE? If so, do all features work? Which version of Photo Flash Maker are you using - platinum, pro or free?

Yes, I run Photo Flash Maker Platinum under WINE and it works fine so far on my linux. And just also make sure your latest version adobe flash player run in PC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofthePenguin View Post
    How funny is this. I want to create another slideshow but couldn't remember what software I used last time. And here I find my own post that I don't even remember making...
    Oh yee of little cache size.

(same with me).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12