Thread: How stable is Hardy?

Beans

How stable is Hardy?

I have been running into problems trying to do... well everything, Except basic functions such as web browsing which is great in FF3. I was wondering should I try a more stable version of Ubuntu, maybe an earlier release? And if so where can I get I get it?

Beans

Re: How stable is Hardy?

What are your problems?
    You can get earlier versions of ubuntu from most of the mirrors here
    If all else fails, then i would reccomend another linux distro. Go to Distrowatch for general info.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Is that a question? Or... are you asking for help?

If it's a question: Hardy is very stable, but there have been problems in isolated cases.
    If you're asking for help, please consider making the thread title more relevant.
    my shiz: http://inportb.com/
    use Dropbox if you need an awesome free file hosting service; please follow my referral link for an extra 256MB of free storage.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I find Hardy more stable than previous releases. I have only had one major problem that turned out to be an easy fix and that was with setting up my video driver (nvidia).
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans

Hardy has been very stable, ever since the release of alpha 1.

Although, if you are conservatively paranoid about package updates breaking your system, only enable the "hardy" and "hardy-security" repos in your sources file.

Regards
    Iain

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ubuntu hardy was quite unstable for me. Games in fullscreen would crash, the entire thing, and sometimes the sound would stop working, needing a full system restart to gain it back, but when the sound stops working, no other application would open, including the shut-down menu. So I had to force-shut down my laptop in order to restart.

Kubuntu Hardy, for some undocumentable reason, works fine. I don't know what to say, really. It was just strange.