Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gloobus, a QuickLook for linux

Beans

Version 0.02 is out!

Version 0.02 is out!!

It has the preview wit plugin architecture, this way we can find and solve problems in a very easy way and now, everyone can develop his own plugin. When everything is more stable I'll post a quick guide on how to implement your own plugin. I hope we can preview almost all the files!!

Download: https://launchpad.net/gloobus/gloobus-0.02/0.02

And remember, you can donate me some money

DONATE: http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/0b88c464e8dfbcce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Version 0.02 is out!

What's new in 0.02?

Hopefully that amount will have a good conversion rate, where you are from.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Gloobus, a QuickLook for linux

Quote Originally Posted by badchoice View Post
    I'm developing a free opensource QuickLook for linux in openGL (c++)
    Could you please also post a version for Gutsy (= Ubuntu 7.10)? Or could you please post the source package so us Gutsy users could compile our own binary release version?

I don't feel like upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 yet as it's still way too buggy for my taste. But it would be nice to have gloobus nontheless

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by scorp123 View Post
    Could you please also post a version for Gutsy (= Ubuntu 7.10)? Or could you please post the source package so us Gutsy users could compile our own binary release version?

I don't feel like upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 yet as it's still way too buggy for my taste. But it would be nice to have gloobus nontheless
    And same humble request goes for 64bit systems. Either package for amd64 or sources.
    Vera! Vera! What has become of you?

Beans

The main reason of this new version is the plugin architecture, I've rewrited all the preview function and now it supports plugins.

Plugins can have his own load, update and render function so it can be very scalable!!

I'm from Barcelona (Spain), these days I'll be fixing a lot of issues, till now I just made it work to see what were the capibilities of it, now I very proud and I'm fixing a lot of things till version 0.03 that will have both gloobus and preview with plugin architecture.

There should be no problem at all in compiling it for gutsy or 64 bits version, if you want to compile it and send me the binaries I'll put them on launchpad page (I have no gusty machine neither 64bits one) if you have any problem, please tell me and I'll try to solve it.

Thank you all!

I put 1000$ on chipIn widget to put something, you can donate the amount you want there is no problem about it or not reaching 1000$, I'm doing it cause I think it will be good to have a quicklook for linux, and since it takes me a lot of time, get paid is allways a great reward

Thank you again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

There should be no problem at all in compiling it for gutsy or 64 bits version, if you want to compile it and send me the binaries I'll put them on launchpad page
    OK, but where are the source files please? And what libraries are needed? It would be nice if you could give a quickie overview of the requires packages and post the source code somewhere where we can easily find it

Beans

Of course!
    Here you have the code addres, the project is under launchpad

https://code.launchpad.net/gloobus

Bugs managment, code, releases, answers...

The libraries needed are listed in the README file inside the release and in the main folder in the code.

GL
    GLU
    SDL
    SDL_IMAGE
    SDL_MIXER (For mp3 plugin)
    TAGLIB (For mp3 plugin)
    Magick++ (For text and pdf plugin)
    Magic (To know the file type)

If you still have any problem, please tell me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The libraries needed are listed in the README file inside the release and in the main folder in the code.

GL
    GLU
    SDL
    SDL_IMAGE
    SDL_MIXER (For mp3 plugin)
    TAGLIB (For mp3 plugin)
    Magick++ (For text and pdf plugin)
    Magic (To know the file type)

If you still have any problem, please tell me.
    Can you list the package names for those libraries please? I am sure there are many users out there who don't know that e.g. to get what you call "Magick++" they'd need to install "libmagick++10-dev" and so on. See what I mean?

Please list the package names needed so people can copy & paste the list and "apt-get install" it, OK?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I think this is a fantastic project, I hope to see it grow!
    I'll be putting up some suggestions on LaunchPad.

Beans

I think I installed everything needed for it, but for some reason it doesn't respond to my keyboard, and after 3-5 seconds my computer freezes :S

Can you list, exactly, what I need to make it work (using Ubuntu 8.04)

edit: Got keyboard working, but it is EXTREMELY SLOW on my computer :S On windows, all SDL/OpenGL programs and stuff work just fine
    Last edited by Le-Froid; June 16th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Ubuntu user #22693
    --SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT--

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast