Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gloobus, a QuickLook for linux

Beans

Talking Re: Gloobus, a QuickLook for linux

Awesome! Let's hope you don't get sued for patent infringement. I sure hate software patents.
    There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
    Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

Beans

Re: Gloobus, a QuickLook for linux

Im VERY happy to report that gloobus 0.024 works perfectly on Gutsy with only a very minor modification to the installation process. For gutsy the libMagick++10 package is not available with the closest available version being libmagick++9c2a so you need to change the dependancy installation from this

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl1.2debian libsdl-ttf2.0-0 libsdl-image1.2 libmagick++10 libmagic1 libtag1c2a libavcodec1d libavformat1d libswscale1d libsdl-gfx1.2-4
    To this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl1.2debian libsdl-ttf2.0-0 libsdl-image1.2 libmagick++9c2a libmagic1 libtag1c2a libavcodec1d libavformat1d libswscale1d libsdl-gfx1.2-4
    Once those packages are finished installing create a symbolic link to the .9 library from the .10 file that gloobus/preview look for

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libMagick++.so.9 /usr/lib/libMagick++.so.10
    Proceed with the rest of the installation as normal and you have working (much better than in a VM) gloobus and preview.
    Registered Linux User #464572
    journal.ryanhaigh.net
    www.ryanhaigh.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

This is so awesome.

It would be nicer if it was integrated though.

Great Job!
    Desktop | AMD 940 3.0x4 @ 3.2 | 4gB DDR2 Memory | ATI 5750 1024mb OCd | Windows 7 w/ Ubuntu dual boot.

Beans

Thanks for you report! as soon as I get home I'll include the modifications on the installation for gutsy!!

I'v marked as solved the other thread so now this is the good one!

Thank you so much!

Beans

Just tried using the app with my music collection and its great! I use list view in nautilus and so the audio preview (by holding the mouse over the icon) isn't available to me but this makes it a lot easier to find the track I am looking for when I don't know the name of the track. A couple of ideas occurred to me whilst using this feature:

• Up/Down keys scroll through documents in preview can these keys be used to skip ahead in songs/movies?
    • Most of my music doesn't have embedded cover art (half of it isn't even tagged well), I thought rather than use a static and identical icon for all tracks you might be able to create/read thumbnails created by this application: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4477668
    journal.ryanhaigh.net
    www.ryanhaigh.net

Beans

Coses,
    Its a good idea that left-right keys loads next file in preview (for photos
    For the files without cover i use the cover.jpg file that is in the same folder, so this way you can have a folder with all albums each one with its cover.

By the way, I don't think that add a extern software preview funcion is the best way cause there are users that don't have or don't want it... but if its a very requested feature I can try to add it.

Thank for you comment and idea.

Beans

I can't seem to get this working. I have the entry for coverflow and preview when I right click. However, nothing happens when I select them. I tried running gloobus in terminal ($ sudo gloobus) and I get an error that reads

"gloobus: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The . symbolic link /usr/liblibsdl_image-1.2.so and the shared library /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5 are installed. For some reason Gloobus is not recognizing it - probably something to do with permissions but I beleive I changed them as recommended in the thread so I am at a loss.

Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

cosmikcharlie. how do you do?....

Beans

It seems as though the files you have installed and the file gloobus is looking for are different, note the end of the filenames:

Quote Originally Posted by cozmicharlie View Post
    "gloobus: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The . symbolic link /usr/liblibsdl_image-1.2.so and the shared library /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5 are installed.
    According to ubuntu package search the package you need to install is apt://libsdl-image1.2
    journal.ryanhaigh.net
    www.ryanhaigh.net

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ryanhaigh View Post
    It seems as though the files you have installed and the file gloobus is looking for are different, note the end of the filenames:

According to ubuntu package search the package you need to install is apt://libsdl-image1.2
    When I click on the link you provided (apt://libsdl-image1.2"]apt://libsdl-image1.2) - it says "package already installed".

When I check the files (http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/amd...ge1.2/filelist) - this is what they list. These are the same as what I have isntalled on my system.
    /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0
    /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.5
    /usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/README
    /usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.Debian.gz
    /usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.gz
    /usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/copyright

The version I installed from Synaptic is listed as 1.2.6-3 hardy.

Not sure what else I can do. Looks like the right version is installed.

I appreciate your help.

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast