Thread: Infection received

Beans

Infection received

I have received an ambiguous warning from a moderator for violating the rules. I posted a message in the Community Cafe area about a website called Drawboard. I suggested that people can work together and draw the ubuntu logo, but it was considered as an advertisement by the moderator. I can't even read personal messages since my account seems to have been banned.

Is the infection really needed? I don't know what was considered spam, the fact that I wanted us to work together and draw the ubuntu logo, or just the link to the website? If it was the first, i could just have skipped the "Draw the ubontu logo"-part and keep the information about Drawboard.

OK? No, I actually think i got the warning because I posted facts about the website (how it works, what you need to know before you start drawing, etc.). But then, I could just have skipped that part as well? Could we please get some clarification from the moderators or another member of staff from Ubontu Forums on this matter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Infection received

I've been looking. I can't find any infractions in your account. I can't find any specific threads that match the description you have given, either.

Do you have any links?
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I've been looking. I can't find any infractions in your account. I can't find any specific threads that match the description you have given, either.

Do you have any links?
    You'd never find it. This is a dup account (because the other was banned)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=829087

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

LaRoza: thank you.

For the original poster: the account that received the infraction was a new account. The only post ever made by that account was a post advertising another website. That is spam, pure and simple.

Had the post been made by a current member of the forums, one who already had a long and real history of posting helpful answers to tech-support questions from other members, we would have allowed the post. Registering an account to advertise another site is a gross violation of the trust and purpose of these forums, and that should be obvious.

The infraction stands and the account will remain banned. I'll leave your current member account intact in the hopes that you have actually registered with the intent of being a part of this community for a purpose other than advertising another website or service or product.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!