Thread: I can't play my DVD all in one go

Beans

I can't play my DVD all in one go

Hi

I have recently changed my CD playing drive to a DVD playing drive and this evening I rented a DVD to watch. This is seriously exciting because I've never had a TV and never been to the Video shop!

When I put the DVD in the drive and click the "Open with Movie Player", Totem opens and the 1st 20 seconds of the movie is played - the Copyright section.

In order to watch the movie, I've got to individually open the .vob files and watch the movie in chapters. When I play the .vob of the Movie's "Home Page' (on the DVD, not the web!), I'm unable to click the 'Play Movie' option - it does nothing.

Firstly - how do I play it all at once??

And secondly, I've been watching the movie chapter by chapter and now I'm on chapter 5 and 5 won't play!!! It just stays frozen on the starting scene and won't move forward. 6 will play, but I can't watch 6 without watching 5! Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I can't play my DVD all in one go

i cant help with totem, (dont like it) but maybe you could try vlc. works good for me.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: I can't play my DVD all in one go

Wolfen69 - you're a superstar. That worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: I can't play my DVD all in one go

You could also have installed totem-xine which plays the full DVD without stopping as does Ubuntu's default player totem-gstreamer.