Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files!

Beans

audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files!

hi gals, hi dudes!

audio convert is a script that converts audio files from wav, ogg, mp3, mpc, flac, ape, aac or wma into wav, ogg, mp3, mpc, flac, ape or aac! all with a right click of the mouse! that is, if you're usin' nautilus or rox. it was designed for nautilus, but it also works on rox, and of course as a standalone bash script. it uses zenity to show progress bars and ask questions

this is the freshmeat link: http://freshmeat.net/projects/audio-convert/ there you will find the latest version, the cvs version and the link to the homepage!

many of you on this forum have already tested it, used it successfully, and reported bugs and suggestions to me. please keep doin' so! your feedback so far has been awesome!

and for those of you who were expectin' it: version 0.3.0 is out and... aac support is now ready!

ciao!

edo
    Last edited by thetroublemaker; October 27th, 2005 at 02:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files!

Hi, I just had a look at your script and previous post on Hoary. And i have a problem going to MP3.

Look here and here. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Looks very nice. I'll have to give it a try...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I've only got the option to convert to ogg or wav. Is there any setup I have to do with codecs, etc?

Beans

koybe. i guess you pointed out a little, very little bug in the program. i read that you don't have mppdec. then you can't convert from mpc. the program is supposed to tell you that and stop you, but it don't. the problem is that audioconvert looks for mppenc, assumin' that if you have that then you've got mppdec, too. but that don't seem to be the case with you

so two things. one, get mppdec, somehow, and everythin' will probably work out fine. if not, contact me and i'll help you out. two, i will change the check form mppenc to mppdec in the next version!

hope this works! thankyou!

ciao!

edo

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for your answer, so I'll have a look at home. But can you tell me which package I need to install to get on it?
    For my point of view I installed everything. What about a listing of all PACKAGES (not only enumerate progs like on freshmeat) dependencies?
    I think it could help Sailor420 too, and many other people to get such a list

Thank you very much indeed.

Edit : Downloaded mppdec from musepack website and put it in the /usr/bin directory with +x permission... Nothing change.
    Last edited by Koybe; October 27th, 2005 at 03:56 PM.

Beans

sailor420, koybe. i'm startin' to think i'll have to put this in the README, and probably will in the next version. but for now, if you edit or even just show the script with your favourite file editor, vim for instance, or gedit, you will see that there is a list of dependencies in the first lines. check those out and see if your problems are still there!

koybe. a list of packages is not possible, as different programs are placed on different packages dependin' on the distribution you use. and this is a multi-distribution script in the meantime, to help you out, could you describe exactly what happens now that you've got mppdec installed?

ciao!

edo
    Last edited by thetroublemaker; October 27th, 2005 at 06:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro

What happend is exactly the same as before, even updated to 0.3.0.
    I put the audio-convert script in my ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts, then i right click a mpc file and i clic convert -> I got 3 possibilities : flac, ogg and wav. Unfortunately I need MP3.

Look at it

FYI, i just tried it on my FC4 and got the same problem
    Last edited by Koybe; October 27th, 2005 at 07:50 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I need "lame" to get the scribt going. I dont have it in apt, where can i get it.

Beans
    Distro

fut21, yes you can have it by apt, maybe you need to enable universe/multiverse repo and retry to get it.

thetroublemaker, I can use mppdec for decoding MPC and then use lame to encode MP3 on the command line and it works.... So i guess everything is installed. But the quality of the mp3 is really bad.
    Last edited by Koybe; October 27th, 2005 at 09:14 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast