Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files!

Beans

Re: audioconvert! the new super script to convert audio files!

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like audio-convert is actually doing anything on my computer...

I've installed audio-convert as a Nautilus script (on 7.10, in case that's relevant), and can run the script on .wma files just fine. All the available conversion formats show up, quality selection menu, etc. and audio-convert ends with a polite little message telling me everything went off without a hitch...

...BUT, this new .mp3 (or .aac, or .flac, etc.) file which has supposedly been created for me is nowhere to be found - not in the folder of the original .wma, not in my home folder, not on the Desktop...

I've noticed that several other users seem to have had this same problem, and I have yet to actually see anyone give them help, so perhaps this is just another futile post falling on dead ears, but what gives? Have any of those users had success in finding these damn files? Is this program just making a good show of things, or is it really creating these files (and where the heck are they, in that case)?

Beans

did you try:

sudo updatedb

sudo locate nameoffile.mp3/aac/etc
    If everything in life was easy, we would learn nothing!!
    AMD Athlon64 X2(4200)/6Gb/Nvidia 9400GT-1Gb/1.25Tb Arch Linux - Xfce

Beans

Yes. Nothing shows up. I can only assume an error is occuring somewhere, but nothing in the output of the program would suggest that.

Beans

feeling like a noob cuz you can't get this to work? i know i did lol. heres some stuff i found, hopefully you can use
    1) the .gnome2 folder (which has the nautilus scripts folder in it) is HIDDEN, go to your home folder, and hit ctrl+h to show the hidden folders
    2) if youre not getting the script to show up even after installation try this
    2a) go here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/nau...-audio-convert
    2b) this link is the package details, download the deb package manually from the bottom, find where it downloaded (usually either home folder, or desktop) right click and hit extract here, then open the folder it extracted, and use the extract here command once more on the folder labeled data. open that, then open usr, then share, then nautilus scripts
    2c) take the convertaudioscript file and place it in your nautilus scripts folder that is located in the .gnome2 folder
    2d) run this in terminal: chmod 740 ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ConvertAudioFile

hope that helps somebody

also if youre interested, heres a similar script for video. i havent tested it extensively, but it should work

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=193754
    Last edited by lad3391; December 28th, 2008 at 12:17 AM.

Beans

id3tag works, as of Xubuntu 8.10.

But to get the metadata from ogg, you must change
    Code:
    314 artist_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep artist | cut -d \= -f 2`
    315 album_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep album | cut -d \= -f 2`
    316 song_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep title | cut -d \= -f 2`
    317 track_number=`ogginfo "$1" | grep tracknumber | cut -d \= -f 2`
    to

Code:
    314 artist_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep ARTIST | cut -d \= -f 2`
    315 album_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep " ALBUM" | cut -d \= -f 2`
    316 song_name=`ogginfo "$1" | grep TITLE | cut -d \= -f 2`
    317 track_number=`ogginfo "$1" | grep TRACKNUMBER | cut -d \= -f 2`
    where line 315 must have a tab preceding ALBUM. (Otherwise it grabs a bunch of replaygain data, too.)

m a r

Beans

hi by using the technology you cant get accuracy in the document that you were converted. the transcription service companies providing the convert file facilities with 98% accuracy in this format.
    The Audio to text transcription service is another popular arm in the transcription service industry. It has become a part and parcel of day to day life. Its impact is that much great one cannot imagine without its presence.

Beans

Audio files conversations not up to the standard in the software tool. so i m now using the transcription service facility to keep my record properly with accuracy...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011