Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: capturing video is easy

Beans

Re: capturing video is easy

thanks folks,fer getting me started with using my keyboard,,many thanks.Its a laptop i`m using for ubuntu at the moment,when i have got the full understanding of multibooting[i`m nearly there],and i have got the extra hard drives set up for my other laptop and desktop,i should be well on my way to making windows a thing of the past for me.
    many thanks again.
    regards spannerman.
    ps,i`m always ready to post help if someone has problems with satellite reception/equipment

Beans

I am really new to ubuntu but, one question (if i am not missing something) what sat box do you have. I have a linux set top box and i am able to record direct on to my pc hdd through network settings on the stb.

Beans

Hi iwanna`,i`ve got quite a few satboxes,some with blind scan,somewithout,also a skystar 2 pci,and a usb version.I am thinking that maybe you have a dreambox,i heared they are a linux reciever,capable of surfing net/filegrabber/etc,but i never got the courage up to spend that much dosh on a sat reciever.It would be nice to get the skystars working with ubuntu.I saw one of the programs in ubuntu have settings for a lnb[downconvertor] that i recognized,when i have my ultimate computer setup sorted[1 multiboot laptop for internet,and other multiboot desktop and laptop for offline],i will investigate that ubuntu program further.A few more days and i should be able to get my teeth into linux/ubuntu.
    Phew,digital signals,things were a lot easier in the analogue days.
    regards spannerman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12