Thread: Can sync with J-pilot, but Evolution refuses to see my PDA

Beans

Can sync with J-pilot, but Evolution refuses to see my PDA

I use J-Pilot to sync my PDA (a Sony Clie SJ20) but I want to move from Thunderbird to Evolution and take advantage of Evolution's ability to use my Google Calendar. But when I tried to sync my PDA in Evolution my PDA never did connect. Is there a step I need to do that I'm not aware of? I have verified that all of my PDA settings are for synchronize, and I double checked that I haven't borked things by doing another sync in J-Pilot but I must be missing something to sync with Evolution.

I'm running Hardy with Evolution 2.22.2 and my PDA sync though the USB port, which seems to work fine with J-Pilot.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Re: Can sync with J-pilot, but Evolution refuses to see my PDA

I managed to get it syncing by putting the Pilot Applet in my panel, but mt PDA stops with a lost connection error while syncing the ECalendar. Gmone-pilot keeps working but the PDA stops sending data. I searched on Uboontu and all I could see was an update to evolution-exchange to version 2.5.3-0ubuntu1 back on 21 Dec 2005 that supposedly fixed this particular bug. I tried disabling the Exhange Operations plugin but I still get the crash. Anyone have any ideas?
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.