Thread: help on fluxbuntu please (print scrn and wallpaper)

Beans

Question help on fluxbuntu please (print scrn and wallpaper)

Okey, I just installed fluxbuntu, i installed a few programs i need, everything has gone fine 'till i came to the part where I wanted to change my wallpaper. I downloaded the wallpaper I wanted but I have no idea how to set it.

I searched the internet and got "fbsetbg -f /path/to/wallpaper.jpg" but it doesn't work at all. Nothing happens when i try it. i tried to sudo it, but no change there either. Is there another way?

I also noticed that Print screen + paste in gimp doesn't work. Do i need to download something?

Beans

Re: help on fluxbuntu please (print scrn and wallpaper)

Quote Originally Posted by nibon View Post
    Okey, I just installed fluxbuntu, i installed a few programs i need, everything has gone fine 'till i came to the part where I wanted to change my wallpaper. I downloaded the wallpaper I wanted but I have no idea how to set it.

I searched the internet and got "fbsetbg -f /path/to/wallpaper.jpg" but it doesn't work at all. Nothing happens when i try it. i tried to sudo it, but no change there either. Is there another way?

I also noticed that Print screen + paste in gimp doesn't work. Do i need to download something?
    Hi Nibon, you set the wallpaper with Rox. Right-click on one of the icons at the top left of your desktop (home, console, editor, etc) and you should see a Backdrop option in the Rox menu. A small window should appear; you can drag the new wallpaper image to this window. Let me know if that works!