Thread: Banshee Won't Add My Music

Beans

Banshee Won't Add My Music

I'm using Banshee 1.0.0.1 and it's refusing to add my music.
    I've tried choosing both "Import Local Folder" and "Import Local Files" and each way it'll show as though it's importing the files in the bottom left hand corner, but alas, it doesn't show up in my list of artists, or anywhere.

I've tried a COMPLETE removal of Banshee through synaptic, and reinstalled, but still no dice.

What gives?

EDIT:

I ran Banshee through Sudo, and it's able to add the same files, and they show up. Yet, I don't like doing it this way, as all my other songs/settings are gone.
    Last edited by Literati; June 12th, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Banshee Won't Add My Music

Is it a permissions/ownerships issue? If root can, and user can't, it often is, although i'm not really really familliar with banshee. also, did you install the package from the repos or did you pull from their site?

Beans

Well, that's the thing. I've been able to add songs until right now. And I've never run it as root before...

Secondly, I installed it from the repos, using Synaptic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Not sure if this will help, but is your music on a network or shared drive? If it is did you make sure to mount the network drive? And if so, did you make sure your user has rights to read and write to the drive?

-AR
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I recently installed Banshee 1.0 and have the same issue. I've never used before Banshee, it is the first time I try to use it and I can't add any music to my library either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by asphixmx View Post
    I recently installed Banshee 1.0 and have the same issue. I've never used before Banshee, it is the first time I try to use it and I can't add any music to my library either.
    Again I ask, is your music stored on a remote drive? I.E.: not directly connected to your PC running Banshee?

-AR
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans

i had the same problem. it ended up being the fact that my music wa son a network drive. so i mounted the drive to the computer running banshee. works like a champ now.