Thread: Login Manager and display manager

Beans

Login Manager and display manager

Hi. After installing KDE4 my login screen and start up pictures became like Kubuntu instead of ubuntu. When I click the login manager it says that the display manager is KDE4 instead of GNOME, my question is how would I change the display manager back to gnome?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Login Manager and display manager

Quote Originally Posted by ghostier View Post
    Hi. After installing KDE4 my login screen and start up pictures became like Kubuntu instead of ubuntu. When I click the login manager it says that the display manager is KDE4 instead of GNOME, my question is how would I change the display manager back to gnome?
    Install startup-manager and you can change your splash screen and bootloader screen using that.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install startupmanager
    Last edited by ukripper; June 10th, 2008 at 05:55 PM.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Thanks it worked.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ghostier View Post
    Thanks it worked.
    Great. Edit the title of this thread as solved so if anyone is looking for answers it may help them.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Actually, it still didn't work :/. After opened up startupmanager, I switched the start up theme from Kubuntu to Ubuntu and when I log out it just goes black for a long time so I restart and when it opens up its still Kubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

what you have in manage usplash themes? see my screenshot and select uplash-theme-ubuntu.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I use upslash theme ubuntu but it doesn't chanage anything.