Thread: wireless keyboard frequency

Beans

wireless keyboard frequency

I was wondering if there is a way to change the channel that a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse operate on? I have 2 wireless keyboards and mice for my 2 computers and i cannot use them both at the same time. It was not an issue until i had a friend over and they were using the windows computer and i was on the linux computer and we were fighting to use the mouse. I have checked through the settings on the windows computer and was unable to find anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: wireless keyboard frequency

As far as I have known thats a hard limit set by the hardware, with no relative way to change it.

Beans

For some reason i always thought that you could change the channel that your wireless keyboard and mouse uses. i guess i was mistaken.

Beans

I just set up a new logitech keyboard on my windows partition and then came back into my hardy install.

Before i left windows, however, it said "Your Keyboard is on Channel 2," which may or may have not had something to do with my existing logitech mouse.

So I don't have an answer, but I thought you might like to know...

Beans

From what I've read, it is possible to change the channels that wireless keyboards and mice use.

To do this (read your instruction manual), press the connect button on the reciever, then press the connect button on your keyboard and mouse.

This simple act should change the channel that it's using and should enable you to use 2 mice and keyboards simultaneously.

My knowledge about this could be a bit out dated (4 years ago this works anyway), so it may be better for you to read the instruction manual / refer to Logitech's website.
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans

I tried that and there is still interferance between the 2 mice. I am convinced that there is a way in the logitech settings to change the channel manually. I have seen it before i just can't remember where. browsing search results on google to find out. I am also hoping that there is a way in linux.